PreSonus® R80 Studio Monitor
The R80’s custom 6.8-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies, resulting in a greater sense of “air” and “space” that is characteristic of audiophile recordings. Custom coated, woven, 8-inch LF drivers produce a more dynamic output than conventional designs, thanks to the rigid cone’s ability to maintain a more constant dispersion pattern across its frequency response range. The result is transparent sound with narrow vertical dispersion, which reduces undesirable reflections, and broad horizontal dispersion for a wide sweet spot. Driven by a 150W Class D amplifier, the biamped R80 delivers an open, clear, and less fatiguing listening experience. Acoustic Space controls help compensate for room anomalies, and an onboard highpass filter to easily to add a subwoofer, making the R80 an ideal choice for any professional listening environment.
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 8-inch Kevlar LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Biamped, 150W Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB) compensate for room placement
- Includes Studio Magic, a suite of over $1000 USD worth of music production software