PreSonus® Quantum 2626
With a barely measurable round-trip latency of less than 1 ms, it's no wonder Sound on Sound magazine dubbed Quantum-series Thunderbolt audio interfaces the “fastest audio interface on the planet.” The Quantum 2626 uses the Thunderbolt 3 bus and PreSonus®’ proprietary driver to achieve the lowest round-trip latency of any audio interface (as low as <1 ms). Now you can record and monitor with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz fidelity through your favorite plug-ins, without leaving the DAW.
The Quantum 2626 provides up to 26 audio inputs and 26 outputs, with 8 of PreSonus’ lauded XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps. High-quality converters on every analog input and output provide 115 dB of dynamic range, with superior low-jitter clocking, to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. The result is the superb audio quality sought by working professionals. You also get MIDI I/O and BNC word clock I/O that ensures tight sync with other digital audio devices. The interface is well protected by a 1U rack-mountable, rugged, all-metal chassis with metal knobs.
With the included PreSonus Studio One™ Artist DAW and Studio Magic Software Suite, the Quantum 2626 is a complete recording solution. The interface also is compatible with virtually any recording software for macOS or Windows. Free PreSonus UC Surface control software provides access to full metering and an integrated real-time analyzer (RTA).
- 26x26 Thunderbolt 3 ultra-low-latency (as low as
- 24-bit/192 kHz operation with high-quality 115 dB A/D/A converters
- Simultaneous I/O up to 26 inputs / 26 outputs (at 44.1 or 48 kHz)
- 2 mic/instrument inputs with preamp direct outputs with returns and 6 balanced mic/line inputs, all with PreSonus’s famed XMAX preamps
- 2 balanced stereo main outputs with independent level control; 8 DC-coupled, balanced line outputs; and dual headphone outputs with independent level control
- ADAT Optical/Dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- MIDI I/O and BNC word clock I/O with low-jitter clocking
- PreSonus® Studio One™ Artist and Studio Magic Software Suite included
- 1U rack-mountable, with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
World-class recording software included.
The Quantum 2626 comes with PreSonus® Studio One™ Artist and the Studio Magic Software Suite for a complete recording solution. Studio One offers unlimited tracks and plug-ins and is easy to learn and use. Studio Magic includes over $1,000 USD of plug-ins, loops, virtual instruments, effects and tutorials.
About XMAX preamps.
PreSonus®’ famed XMAX Class A preamps have no crossover distortion and deliver pure, clear, musical results. They run on high-voltage power rails to deliver more headroom, deeper lows, smoother highs and a richer overall sound. We only use discrete components for accuracy and transparency — not op-amps that can add noise, coloration and harshness.
All the connectivity you need.
The Quantum 2626 provides two combo mic/instrument inputs (with direct outs and returns for patching outboard gear) and six balanced mic/line inputs. Another 18 inputs and outputs are available via ADAT/dual SMUX and S/PDIF. Eight ¼-inch TRS outputs are DC-coupled for sending control voltages, plus two Main outs, two headphone outs, and MIDI I/O.