PreSonus® R65 V2 Studio Monitor
Clarity is king—and with the R65 V2s, you’ll hear every single detail of your music—and no problematic trouble spots will escape your ear again! If you’re mixing or mastering high-resolution audio, the R65 V2 will ensure that you hear every nuance, thanks to its custom 6.8-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter that responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies. You’ll hear all of the air and space that has become synonymous with high-resolution audiophile sessions. The AMT design also allows the R65 V2 to handle 8 to 13 times the projection area of more traditional tweeter designs—while its unique housing constrains this projection area strictly to the horizontal axis. The result is a very wide sweet spot with focused vertical dispersion—minimizing reflections from your desk, floor, or ceiling.
The 6.5-inch, custom coated, woven composite LF driver produces a more dynamic output than conventional designs, thanks to the rigid cone’s ability to maintain a more constant dispersion pattern across its frequency response range, resulting in transparent sound with reduced reflections. Biamped with 140W RMS of Class A/B power—75 W driving the woofer and 45W driving the tweeter—the R65 V2 ranks among the most powerful monitor speakers in its category.
A set of four acoustic tuning controls allow you to tailor the R65 V2’s frequency response to compensate for the anomalies of nearly any mix environment—so you can expect predictable, consistent performance in the event you use them in more than one place.
- 2-way active AMT tweeter design provides articulate high-frequency response, wide stereo imaging, and narrow vertical dispersion
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies for audiophile-grade air and space
- 5-inch LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean, punchy bass
- Biamped, 140 W RMS (LF = 75 W, HF = 65 W) Class A/B power amplifier with switching power supply
- Acoustic tuning controls (Low cut, Mid, High, Acoustic Space) compensate for room acoustics and placement
- Includes Studio Magic, a suite of over $1000 USD worth of music production software
Set up your studio monitors for your room.
R65 V2 studio monitors are equipped with Acoustic Tuning controls to ensure the flattest response in your mix environment. You get Low-cut, Mid, and High controls, as well as three-way Acoustic Space tuning that makes it easy to compensate for the boundary bass boost that occurs when a speaker is placed too close to a wall.
World-class recording software included.
R65 V2 studio monitors come with a special edition of PreSonus® Studio One™ Prime recording and production software, with the entire Studio Magic software suite enabled. Studio Magic includes over $1,000 USD worth of music software including plug-ins, loops, virtual instruments, effects and tutorials.