Fender® Amplification (made outside USA & Mexico)
Squier® Pro Audio
Limited 1 Year Warranty
Effective Date: 1st August 2016
The benefits conferred by this limited warranty ("this warranty") are in addition to all other statutory rights in respect of this Fender Music Australia product which the consumer may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and/or other applicable laws.
Terms & Conditions of This Warranty
Subject to the terms and conditions below, Fender Music Australia warrants to the original retail consumer purchaser that whilst the product is owned and used by the original consumer purchaser and provided it has been regularly serviced, this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of such original purchase, except that bulbs, vacuum tubes and meters are covered for only 90 days from the date of original consumer purchase.
RETAIN YOUR SALES RECEIPT. IT IS REQUIRED AS PROOF OF YOUR PURCHASE
To claim under this warranty, the original consumer purchaser must at the time the claim is made:
a. supply proof, to Fender's Music Australia's satisfaction, of his/her original purchase of the product (at least the original sales receipt which must contain the product's serial number and the purchaser's name):
b. supply documentary evidence of its service history; and
c. within the period of this warranty, return the product to an Authorised Fender® Dealer or to an Authorised Fender® Service Centre.
Locations and details of Fender Music Australia's Authorised Fender® Dealers and Authorised Fender® Service Centres are available at locator.fender.com
The cost of claiming under this warranty, including return of any product to Fender Music Australia, or the delivery to Fender Music Australia's nominated Authorised Fender® Dealer, or nominated Authorised Fender® Service Centre, must be borne by the consumer.
Fender Music Australia will at its expense and at its option:- (a) repair the product; or (b) replace the product; or (c) supply equivalent product; or (d) pay the cost of such repair, supply or replacement.
FENDER RECOMMENDS SERVICING OF YOUR INSTRUMENT NOT LESS FREQUENTLY THAN YEARLY (MORE FREQUENTLY IF USED PROFESSIONALLY) AT AN AUTHORISED FENDER® SERVICE CENTRE
This warranty does not cover:-
· normal wear and tear on any part of the product, including jacks, controls, switches, plated surfaces, screws, strings, fret wear, saddle wear & nut wear;
· setups, adjustments or routine maintenance of any kind;
· failings or deterioration due to accidents, neglect, abuse or abnormal use;
· damage or defect resulting from unauthorised removal, replacement or interference with parts;
· any repair or service performed by anyone other than Fender Music Australia's nominated Authorised Fender® Dealer or Authorised Fender® Service Centre;
· checking, shrinking, sinking, discolouration and wear of lacquer finishes;
· any product whose serial number is missing, unable to be read, defaced or has been altered or tampered with in any manner;
· any product which has been modified except by an Authorised Fender® Service Technician after first having obtained Fender's prior written approval;
· case and case hardware;
· mic clips or battery clips;
· damage to finishes or cracks, splitting or warpage of wood due to changes in temperature or humidity, exposure to or contact with sun, fire, moisture, body salts or acids of perspiration, any other chemicals or non-Fender® approved polishes;
· damage, corrosion or rusting of any hardware components caused by humidity, salty air or exposure to the moisture; guitar straps, guitar stand/hangers made vinyl, plastic, rubber or other synthetic materials;
· any product which has been hired out; or
· transportation, insurance or freight charges associated with claims under this warranty.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Repair service of defects covered by this warranty can only be performed by the Authorised Fender® Service Centre designated by Fender Music Australia.
Fender Music Australia does not accept any liability in connection with this warranty for any consequential damage or economic loss whether direct or indirect, to any person or property, arising from breakdown or failure of the product.
Fender Music Australia's liability under this warranty is limited to the lesser of the replacement cost or repair cost of the product.
For goods capable of storing data, Fender Music Australia advises that the repair of the goods could result in loss of the data. Fender Music Australia will not be liable for the loss of any saved data or user generated content.
Fender Music Australia recommends backing up any saved data to an appropriate storage device.
YOUR AUTHORISED FENDER DEALER MAY ALSO BE AUTHORISED FOR WARRANTY SERVICE AND SHOULD BE YOUR FIRST POINT OF CONTACT WHEN ANY KIND OF SERVICE IS REQUIRED.
The location of your nearest Authorised Fender® Dealer and/or Authorised Fender® Service Centre can be found at our web site: locator.fender.com
This warranty is given by Fender Music Australia Pty Limited, and no other person or organisation is authorised to vary its provisions or conditions.
Claims on this warranty may be sent to Fender Music Australia whose address is 3 Sir Joseph Banks Street, Botany, NSW, 2019, Fax: (02) 9316 7475; Tel: (02) 9666 5077; Email: [email protected]
NB. The product must be retained until the claim under this warranty is processed and Fender Music Australia nominates which Authorised Fender® Dealer or Authorised Fender® Service Centre the product is to be taken to.
Notice to All Consumers
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.