The AmpliTube Fender App: A New Mobile Recording Studio
With the new AmpliTube Fender app, musicians can now turn their iPads into the ultimate mobile Fender guitar and bass recording studio.
The app was developed with guidance from tone experts at Fender to ensure the authenticity of the sound.
Derived from the award-winning desktop recording studio version AmpliTube Fender, the app offers a choice between five Fender amp models and six Fender Stompbox models.
Using the iRig or iRig STOMP interface, fans can connect their guitar to an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, while the StealthPlug can be used with the Apple Camera Connection Kit to take advantage of the new digital audio in/out support.
Speedtrainer is AmpliTube Fender’s robust practicing tool that allows users to import audio and change the tempo without affecting pitch. Users can load songs, backing tracks or loops from an iPod library or from a computer, then play along through the guitar’s signal chain. Users can also slow down material (-50 percent) to learn complex riffs, or speed up material (+200 percent) to enhance playing skills.
As a Multi-FX Processor for any instrument, musicians can build their Fender rig with four simultaneous stompbox effects that go into an amplifier head, speaker cabinet and microphone. Each element of the tone is individually selectable with full controls for ultimate “tweak-ability.”
AmpliTube Fender is also a recording and production studio. With a built-in single-track recorder with re-amping ability, the app expands to a full-featured 8-Track Recorder with master effects section via in-app purchase. Users can capture ideas quickly, then share work by exporting high quality audio files or M4As. Bands can also record or produce full songs directly in AmpliTube Fender.
AmpliTube Fender for iPad features:
- Real-time guitar and bass mobile + recording app
- Full rig with 4 simultaneous stompboxes + amp with effects + cabinet + mic
- 6 Fender Stomps — Fender Phaser, Fender Blender™, Fender Tape Echo, Overdrive, Compressor (by registering) and Noise Filter
- 5 Fender Amps with matching Cabinets — ’65 Deluxe Reverb™, ’65 Twin Reverb™, ’59 Bassman™ LTD, Super-Sonic™ and Pro Junior™
- 2 Mic models, dynamic and condenser
- Ultra-realistic tones derived from the AmpliTube Fender™ Mac/PC software
- Single track recorder (with re-amping) expandable to 8-track studio with master effects through in-app purchase
- Import songs/backing tracks directly from your iPod library on your device or from your computer
- Export via E-mail, SoundCloud, FTP or File Sharing
- NO VOICE feature removes the lead vocal or guitar solo from imported songs
- Change the tempo (-50% to +200%) of imported songs without affecting their pitch
- Digital audio in/out
- MIDI controllable (available as in-app purchase and free for iRig MIDI users)
- Powerful preset system to manage presets and favorites
- Includes tuner and metronome
- Low-latency for real time playing
- Can be incorporated into AmpliTube 2 for iPad app via in-app purchase
- FREE version also available – can be expanded by individual gear model purchases, or bundle purchase via in-app purchase