Your Fender Mustang Floor unit's firmware can be updated by the user with the Fender FUSE software and your unit connected. To do this, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Main Menu (top left hand side in the Fender FUSE user interface), and select Utilities and Update firmware.
2. Turn off the power on your Fender Mustang Floor. While holding the Data Wheel, turn the power back on. A dialog window will open. Here you will choose either the bundled firmware update file or you can browse for the firmware file you would like to update to. (The current Mustang firmware version can be downloaded under Related Downloads below)
3. Once you have selected the correct firmware file, select it, and Fender FUSE will automatically begin the firmware update process.
4. Once the firmware update is complete, turn your Fender Mustang Floor off and back on. At this point, the update process is complete.
The current version of firmware for the Fender Mustang Floor is 1.4. This firmware update is recommended for all Fender Mustang Floor owners.
Enhancements/Fixes include but are limited to the following items:
- Fixed an issue where MIDI program change messages were not being sent every time the preset changed, regardless of whether the change was initiated from the Mustang™ Floor buttons, the MS-4 buttons, Fender® Fuse™, or the MIDI input
- Fixed a bug where MIDI control change messages being transmitted were backwards (heel and toe were reversed on the Volume/Expression pedal)
- Fixed a bug where the MIDI "off" option for the pedal and switch TX control change numbers were being ignored
- Fixed a bug where the MIDI Receive/Transmit channels were not being set immediately after changes (Utility mode)
- Fixed a bug where selecting a MIDI Channel of "10" was incorrectly being displayed as ":" (Utility mode)
- Fixed a problem which could cause the Mustang Floor to lock up when Simple Comp or 'None' effects are used, and their effect category has already been configured for pedal control (Pedal mode)
- Fixed a bug where bypassing amp models disabled both the Mute and Volume pedal functionality
- Fixed a bug where noise gate was not bypassed with bypassed amp models
Enhancements/Fixes for the Fender Mustang Firmware version 1.3 include the following items:
- Moved EXP-1 expression pedal Volume mode control to adjust volume level after the Amp section but before the Post-Amp Effects section.
- Revised how EXP-1 expression pedal calibration is performed. The new procedure will provide users with added flexibility to customize the range of their pedal (i.e. they can remove some heel range to get more toe sensitivity, etc.).
The EXP-1 expression pedal calibration procedure is as follows:
1. Press and hold UTIL while powering on, UTIL LED should light up for 1 second.
2. Move the expression pedal between the desired heel and toe endpoints to set the range.
3. Turn the encoder knob to the next Preset to complete the process.
If an external EXP-1 pedal is connected at the time of calibration, both pedals will need to be calibrated at that time. A Factory Restore also initiates the expression pedal calibration process.