Your Fender Mustang amp's firmware can be updated by the user with the Fender FUSE software and your amp connected. To do this, please follow the steps below.
- Go to the Main Menu (top left hand side in the Fender FUSE user interface), and select Utilities and Update firmware.
- Turn off the power on your Fender Mustang amp. While holding the Save button (the Data Wheel on III, IV, & V), turn the power back on.
- A dialog window will open. Here you will choose either the bundled firmware update file or you can browse for the firmware file you would like to update to. (The current Mustang firmware version can be downloaded below)
- Once you have selected the correct firmware file, select it, and Fender FUSE will automatically begin the firmware update process.
- Once the firmware update is complete, turn your Fender Mustang amp off and back on. At this point, the update process is complete.
Fender Mustang firmware version 1.10 is the current version of Mustang firmware.
There are various fixes and enhancements in this version including but not limited to:
- Moved EXP-1 expression pedal Volume mode (Mustang III-V) control to adjust volume level after the Amp section but before the Post-Amp Effects section.
- Added press-and-hold EXIT+TREB functionality to control MID on Mustang I/II amps.
- Improved rejection of accidental/unintended effects knob changes on Mustang I/II.
- Revised how EXP-1 expression pedal calibration is performed (Mustang III-V). The new procedure will provide users with added flexibility to customize the range of their pedal, i.e. they can throw away some heel range to get more toe sensitivity.
The EXP-1 expression pedal calibration procedure is as follows:
- Press and hold UTIL while powering on, UTIL LED should light up for 1 second
- Move the expression pedal between the desired heel and toe endpoints to set the range
- Turn the encoder knob to the next Preset to complete the process.
Note that a Factory Restore also initiates the expression pedal calibration process.
This firmware update is recommended for all Fender Mustang I-V (V.1) amplifiers.