Follow these steps to format an SD card for use with the Fender G-DEC® 3.
- Open "My Computer", right-click on the SD card removable drive and select "Format".
- In the pop up "Format" window, select "FAT 32" under "File System".
- Click the check box next to "Quick Format" and click "Start".
The formatting for G-DEC 3 SD cards on a Mac is a little different than on a PC. This is due to the Mac OS file system being different than the windows file system. To format your SD card on a Mac for use with the G-DEC 3, just follow these steps.
- Open Disk Utility and select the drive you would like to format in the pane on the left.
- Click the "Partition" button and under "Volume Scheme" select "1 Partition".
- Click the "Options" button below and select "Master Boot Record" then click "OK".
- Under "Volume Information" name your SD card if you like and select "MS-DOS (FAT)" and click apply.
Your card should now be formatted to work with the G-DEC 3.