How can I format my SD card to use with my Fender G-DEC 3?
Follow these steps to format an SD card for use with the Fender G-DEC® 3.
1. Open "My Computer", right-click on the SD card removable drive and select "Format".
2. In the pop up "Format" window, select "FAT 32" under "File System".
3. Click the check box next to "Quick Format" and click "Start".
The formatting for G-DEC 3 SD cards on a Mac is a bit different than on a PC. This is due to the Mac OS X file system being different than the windows file system. To format your SD card on a Mac for use with the G-DEC 3, follow these steps.
1. Open Disk Utility and select the drive you would like to format in the pane on the left.
2. Click the "Partition" button and under "Volume Scheme" select "1 Partition".
3. Click the "Options" button below and select "Master Boot Record" then click "OK".
4. Under "Volume Information" name your SD card if you like and select "MS-DOS (FAT)" and click apply.
Your card should now be formatted to work with the G-DEC 3.