To mark the release of the remastered recorded works HITS BACK & SOUND System
In celebration of one of the most iconic bands to have ever come out of the UK, the first ever BLACK MARKET CLASH pop-up store will open for 2 weeks in the heart of Soho, London.
The store opening coincides with the release of The Clash’s 2-disc ‘HITS BACK’ and collected recorded works ‘SOUND SYSTEM’ box, alongside re-releases of all of the band’s seminal studio albums, lovingly remastered from the original master tapes under the supervision of The Clash. The store, which is fully art directed and curated by the band and Robert Gordon McHarg lll of The Subway Gallery, will open for a limited time only, from Saturday 7 September to Sunday 22 September 2013 at 75 Berwick Street, Soho.
Chosen from the archives of members of the Clash, Black Market Clash will document one of the most important bands in rock and roll history. It examines the music and life of the band through a display of the group’s instruments, stage clothing, rare memorabilia and never-before-seen original manuscripts and artifacts from the band.
In addition to these items, Black Market Clash will showcase film, video, and band’s seminal music. This celebration is a reminder of the breath of The Clash’s influence, providing visitors with a unique one-off experience.
Fender® have taken over an area of the store will run ‘Plug & Play demo stations’ and exclusive ‘The Clash’ Master Classes. Visitors can practice some of the band’s famous licks, learn the basics or ask our resident Fender expert for advice and all things guitar.
We’re giving away one Fender American Standard Telecaster® and one Fender American Standard Precision Bass® to a pair of lucky store visitors.
Entry to this competition will be in-store only, so visit the ‘Black Market Clash’ for the chance to enter and win!
BLACK MARKET CLASH GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE INDICATED BELOW, AND/OR WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. SPONSOR. This competition is run by Fender Musical Instruments Europe Ltd, whose registered office is at Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London, EC4A 3TR, UK (“Fender”).
3. DURATION. The Promotion begins on September 7, 2013at 12:00:01 PM GMT and ends on September 22, 2013 at 5PM GMT (“Term”).
5. ENTRY. Entries must be submitted in person at the Black Market Clash pop-up store, 75 Berwick Street, Soho, London, UK. during the Term. To enter in-store participants must visit the Fender area during the Term and provide first and last name, email address, date of birth, postal code and telephone number and select your preferred instrument. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person. No entries may be submitted on behalf of another person. The use of automatic or robotic entry devices is strictly prohibited. Entries will not be returned or acknowledged. All entries are the property of Sponsor. By participating, you represent and warrant that the information that you supply at the time of entry is true, accurate, current and complete. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the authenticity and accuracy of all information provided.
7. WINNER SELECTION. One (1) prize winner each week of the store duration will be randomly selected by Sponsor from all eligible entries on Sunday September 23rd (“Drawing”) at Fender’s office in the UK. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified by Sponsor by e-mail or—in case you have provided us with your telephone number—by phone. Undeliverable e-mail notification or failure to respond to prize notification given by phone by the potential winner within seven (7) days of Sponsor sending such e-mail or making such phone call will result in forfeiture of the applicable prize. For notification by telephone, notice shall be deemed provided on the date that the Sponsor first calls the potential winner, or on the date that the Sponsor leaves the potential winner a voice mail message. Sponsor will attempt to award the prize within thirty (30) days of the Drawing. Any prize awarded may be forfeited if potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or the provisions governing delivery of the prize as they are set forth in the prize notification. In the event of prize forfeiture by a potential winner, Sponsor will select an alternative potential winner via another random Drawing from among all eligible entries to receive the selected prize. Any entrant who is a Canadian resident and who is selected as a potential winner must first meet special requirements under Canadian law before being designated a winner, including correctly answering a time-based, mathematical skill-testing question administered by Sponsor (or Sponsor's designated agent) without mechanical or electronic assistance. Failure to comply with such requirements, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will render entrant ineligible for winning and another entry shall be drawn. The prizes awarded and winners’ names and countries will be posted on fender.com and Fender’s social media websites, and also may be requested from Sponsor by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address below.
8. PRIZES. The first names selected in the 2 drawings (September 23rd 2013) will be deemed to be the potential prize winner of the a Fender American Standard Telecaster (The MSRP is £1390.00 GBP). or Fender American Standard Precision Bass (The MSRP is £1474.00 GBP). . Actual cost may vary. Prizes are non-transferable, may not be substituted by the prize winner, and are not redeemable for cash. All taxes, fees, duties, surcharges, if any, associated with the redemption of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for adequate reason to be decided in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
9. PRIZE FULLFILLMENT/DELIVERY. Prize winner will have their prize delivered to them by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s expense, within thirty (30) days of the Drawing or the winner being notified of winning (whichever is later). Upon notification, winner will be asked to designate, and confirm a physical address where Sponsor can deliver Prize.
10. DISCLAIMERS. Sponsor assumes no responsibility and is not liable for entries that are late, delayed, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete, and Sponsor assumes no responsibility and is not liable for system errors and failures, mechanical equipment malfunctions, viruses, hacker attacks, faulty transmissions, or other telecommunications malfunctions. Proof of transmissions does not constitute proof of entry. By entering this Promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor.
Personal information may be used to: (a) contact participants regarding the Promotion; and (b) if a participant selects to receive additional information, to send additional information to that participant. Pursuant to applicable laws pertaining to data collection and processing, you may have a right of access to, consultation, modification and withdrawal of your personal data. You also have the right of opposition to the data collection, under certain circumstances. To exercise such right, you may write to the Sponsor. The data controller, and the recipient of your personal data, is the Sponsor. Your personal data will be stored on servers located in the US monitored by the Sponsor.
12. RIGHT TO CANCEL OR TERMINATE. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, corruption, hacker attacks, faulty transmissions, force majeure, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. And, in such an instance, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, decide to award the prizes by random drawing of all eligible entries if it is able to do so fairly. If Sponsor chooses to exercise such right, Sponsor will notify all entrants by posting a conspicuous notice on the Website. Entry into the Promotion constitutes agreement to this provision. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
13. PERMISSION TO USE NAME/LIKENESS. Any prize winner, by submitting an entry, grants permission to have his or her name, city, photograph and/or likeness used worldwide in any manner the Sponsor may deem appropriate for advertising, trade and/or promotional purposes related to the Promotion without additional compensation or right of review, including without limitation, posting the winners’ names on any Sponsor website unless prohibited by law. A potential prize winner will be required to sign a release to permit such use, unless prohibited by law.
14. RELEASE OF LIABILITY. Each entrant, by entering the Promotion, and the winners, by accepting any prize, release the Sponsor, and Sponsor's subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for any damage, loss or injury (excluding death or personal injury caused by negligence) resulting from or arising out of participation in this Promotion, and, as to the winners, the acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the applicable prize, unless prohibited by applicable law. The winners must sign a Certificate of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release prior to receiving the prize, unless prohibited by law.
15. CONDUCT. By participating, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification or ineligibility to receive a prize. You further agree to comply with and be bound by decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole reasonable discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the operation of the Promotion and/or the Website; (b) violating these Official Rules; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
16. DISCLAIMER. UNLESS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED AS IS AND SPONSOR (TOGETHER WITH ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS) DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZE.
17. REQUEST FOR WINNERS LIST. Send winner lists requests within 6 months after the end of the Term to: BLACK MARKET CLASH pop-up store giveaway, Fender Musical Instruments Europe Ltd, whose registered office is at Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London, EC4A 3TR, UK (“Fender”).
We’re running some exclusive workshops showing a selected group some of the bands classic riffs and more!
As part of the ‘The Clash’ Master Classes, each week our product specialist will be in-store to teach The Clash tracks to a selected group.
Master Classes are limited to 10 people per session, selected at random. So sign up now and select your preferred date for a chance to win a spot!