Updating the firmware on the Fender® G-DEC® 3.
There are two ways to update the firmware, either through Fender® FUSE™ or from the Fender G-DEC 3 unit itself. You should always run the latest version of the Fender G-DEC 3 firmware on your amplifier.
The current firmware version is: v1.04.
Updating the G-DEC 3 firmware through Fender FUSE:
Updating the firmware from the G-DEC 3 front panel:
- Download the latest firmware below.
- Open Fender FUSE and choose Main Menu ->Utilities -> Update Firmware.
- Select the firmware file from the location it was downloaded to in order to begin the update process.
- Following the on-screen instructions on your G-DEC 3's display, press the Start/Stop button to complete the update.
- Download the latest firmware from the link below.
- Copy gdec3_v1_04.upd to the root level (not inside any folder) of an SD card.
- With the Fender G-DEC 3 powered off, insert the SD card into the unit.
- Power the unit on and follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: Restoring the amps firmware will have no impact on Presets or media content stored in the amp. The firmware restore process takes approximately 15-20 seconds.