The new Apple Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion contains a security feature called GateKeeper. GateKeeper prevents the installation of malware by allowing the user to select the types of software that can be installed. To set your Mac running OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion to allow the Fender® Firmware Updater and Fender® FUSE software to install, please follow the steps below.
1. Go to the System Preferences in the Apple Menu.
2. Click on the Security & Privacy preference pane in the Personal section.
3. In the Security & Privacy preference pane, click on the padlock icon.
4. Enter your Username and password to unlock and change settings.
5. Click the radio button next to Anywhere.